HMI is looking for a talented and motivated designer to create a next generation operator experience for novel automation systems. We are interested in candidates that have an intuitive sense for good design, passionate about the presentation of information to operators (both visual and non-visual), and simply intrigued by the interaction between human and machine systems.
We are looking for someone who understands that the status quo in robotics is simply not good enough and are looking to fundamentally impact the way human operators supervise autonomous systems.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with the team to define and implement innovative solutions for human-machine interaction
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Implement prototypes in html/css
- Work with full-stack developer to integrate prototype into user interface
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- College degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- Team player and enjoys working in a high-tempo environment that is driven by aggressive development schedules
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Up to date with the latest UI and UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience in both visual and non-visual mediums and technologies
- 3+ years of proven UI and UX experience
- Experience in a robotics projects or other human-machine systems
- Programming experience to assist with implementation
- Linux experience
While performing some duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel domestically and internationally. This role may also require exposure to a variety of construction and/or offshore platform, various bodies of water job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Houston Mechatronics, Inc (HMI) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, HMI is a federal contractor required to adhere to the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 which governs the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, this position may include access to export-controlled information that is subject to US export control laws. Export control laws require employers to restrict access to export-controlled information or to obtain export licenses for non-U.S. person employees if their positions require access to information governed by ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person means a person (as defined in §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) which includes certain temporary residents and refugees and asylees. HMI does not obtain export licenses for these positions.