Robotics Engineer (Research Group)
HMI is actively seeking an experienced robotics engineer to develop advanced software for high-level task automation. We are looking for someone with prior experience in robotics, particularly with common frameworks and libraries. A background in manipulation is preferred.
- Work in a research group solving challenging problems in subsea, robotic autonomy
- Implement state-of-the-art algorithms to solve real-world, robotic challenges
- Support remote field testing
- Ensure the quality of your projects through documentation, tests and sound architecture
- BS/MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with C++ and python languages
- Experience with ROS1 or ROS2
- Experience with real-world robotic platforms
- Experience working in a modern software development environment including
- experience with continuous integration environments
- Eligible to obtain a security clearance adjudicated by the US government
Experience with robotic manipulation, planning algorithms and control is preferred
While performing some duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel domestically and internationally. This role may also require exposure to a variety of construction and/or offshore platform, various bodies of water job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Houston Mechatronics, Inc (HMI) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, HMI is a federal contractor required to adhere to the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 which governs the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, this position may include access to export-controlled information that is subject to US export control laws. Export control laws require employers to restrict access to export-controlled information or to obtain export licenses for non-U.S. person employees if their positions require access to information governed by ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person means a person (as defined in §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) which includes certain temporary residents and refugees and asylees. HMI does not obtain export licenses for these positions.