Robotics Controls Engineer
Houston Mechatronics, Inc. (HMI) is Houston’s Leader in robotic and automation systems and is located in Webster, TX; Just down the street from NASA’S Johnson Space Center. We want you to be a part of our amazing team as we design, develop, and deploy intelligent, automated systems in 3 key markets: Oil & Gas, Telecomm, and Defense. The focus of our company is to disrupt the status quo and to advance the integration of robotics within our targeted industries.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great working environment.
This position is responsible for developing control algorithms for a wide array of robotic systems including arms, vehicles etc. as well as implementing controllers in software (c++). Applicants should have experience implementing controllers on mechanical systems as well a basic understanding of optimal control.
- At least five years of professional experience in implementing control algorithms on robots or an Engineering or Computer Science graduate degree OR 3+
- Export control status must adhere to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), HMI does not sponsor export control licenses
- Experience with optimal control
- On the job experience writing c++
- Linux experience
- Controlling floating base systems, like cars, AUV/ROV, bipedal robot
- Experience implementing state estimation algorithms
- Ability to travel off site as needed for testing and demos
- Must be willing to relocate if candidate does not live in the Houston area as this is not a remote position
- Experience with real time systems
- Control experience with effort-controlled systems
- Experience with underwater systems
- Experience with high degree of freedom systems
- Optimal control
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Houston Mechatronics, Inc (HMI) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, HMI is a federal contractor required to adhere to the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 which governs the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, this position may include access to export-controlled information that is subject to US export control laws. Export control laws require employers to restrict access to export-controlled information or to obtain export licenses for non-U.S. person employees if their positions require access to information governed by ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person means a person (as defined in §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) which includes certain temporary residents and refugees and asylees. HMI does not obtain export licenses for these positions.