We’re looking for a motivated candidate to help us deploy cutting edge robotic technologies into the energy market. This position has tremendous opportunities to learn new skills and develop new competencies. The work is both dynamic and diverse with no day being the same. Your work may consist of assembly of electromechanical actuators, hands on manufacturing, installing equipment offshore, test support, facility maintenance and everything in between.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Mechanical assembly of complex electromechanical systems and actuators both large and small
- Collaborate closely with engineers to perform vehicle maintenance and assembly
- Installation of electromechanical hardware offshore
- Interpret complex assembly instructions
- Operation of a variety of heavy equipment (forklift, crane, truck/ trailer, etc)
- Facility maintenance responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Certification and or Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology
- At least three years of relative experience
- Proficiency using both basic power tools and mechanical hand tools requiring fine manual dexterity
- Basic computer efficiency (E-mail, MS Office, etc)
- Communicate effectively with engineers and other team members (verbal and written)
- Capable of working both independently and on a team
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing roles and responsibilities
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed both onshore and offshore
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee will also be frequently required to stand.
- The employee must frequently lift, push, or pull equipment at a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to climb ladders, maneuver in tight spaces, and stand for extended periods
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing some duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel domestically, possibly internationally. This role may also require exposure to a variety of construction and/or offshore platform job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
Houston Mechatronics, Inc (HMI) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, HMI is a federal contractor required to adhere to the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 which governs the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, this position may include access to export-controlled information that is subject to US export control laws. Export control laws require employers to restrict access to export-controlled information or to obtain export licenses for non-U.S. person employees if their positions require access to information governed by ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person means a person (as defined in §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) which includes certain temporary residents and refugees and asylees. HMI does not obtain export licenses for these positions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.