This position is responsible for collaborating with engineers to prepare conceptual mechanical designs for manufacturing and assembly.
- Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs.
- Review design models, drawings, and fabrication instructions for quality and completeness.
- Support manufacturing of mechanical assemblies.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical design/drafting standards or guidelines.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in electrical/mechanical drafting or Computer Aided Design.
- At least four (4) years of work experience creating and updating mechanical design/drawing packages.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM and any other related CAD tools.
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to work within strict deadlines
- Professional certification in mechanical drafting
- Experience with ASME-Y14 drafting standards.
- Design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Experience within the automotive, aerospace, or robotics industries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing some duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel domestically and internationally. This role may also require exposure to a variety of construction and/or offshore platform, various bodies of water job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Houston Mechatronics, Inc (HMI) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In addition, HMI is a federal contractor required to adhere to the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 which governs the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As a result, this position may include access to export-controlled information that is subject to US export control laws. Export control laws require employers to restrict access to export-controlled information or to obtain export licenses for non-U.S. person employees if their positions require access to information governed by ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person means a person (as defined in §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) which includes certain temporary residents and refugees and asylees. HMI does not obtain export licenses for these positions.