The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts.
- Oversees a team of engineering staff and analysts to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Communicates and collaborates with sales and marketing teams to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, required.
- At least five to seven years of related experience required.
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.